Open Access Policy
Bratislava Law Review (BLR) is an Open Access Journal. This means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users/readers are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal for non-commercial purposes without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author, but subject to the following conditions:
- is mentioned the name(s) of the author(s), article title, that article is published in Bratislava Law Review and indicate page/pages cited of the journal;
- exactly reproduction of the material when it is quoted, used, discussed or multiplied;
- the copyright of the author(s) and/or the publisher may not be infringed in any way.
Benefits of open access for authors, include:
- OA articles are freely and permanently available online immediately upon publication, enabling broader distribution and increased visibility.
- Authors can easily comply with the OA mandates of their institution or funding body as OA articles are usually published under a Creative Commons license.
- The final version can be re-used and immediately deposited in any repository.
- In most cases, authors retain the copyright to their work or the publisher allow an author(authors) to retain substantial rights in order to share content of their research.
- Articles are citation tracked and included in all major bibliographic databases.
- There are no space constraints, i.e. unlimited space for supplementary material including figures, extensive data and video footage.
The journal does not charge authors an article processing charge.