Open Access Policy
Bratislava Law Review (BLR) is an Open Access Journal. This means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution, according to CC BY-NC-ND license (this license allows reusers to copy and distribute the material in any medium or format in unadapted form only, for noncommercial purposes only, and only so long as attribution is given to the creator). Users/readers are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal for non-commercial purposes without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author, but subject to the following conditions:
- is mentioned the name(s) of the author(s), article title, that article is published in Bratislava Law Review and indicate page/pages cited of the journal;
- exactly reproduction of the material when it is quoted, used, discussed or multiplied;
- the copyright of the author(s) and/or the publisher may not be infringed in any way.
Benefits of open access for authors in general include:
- OA articles are freely and permanently available online immediately upon publication, enabling broader distribution and increased visibility.
- Authors can easily comply with the OA mandates of their institution or funding body as OA articles are usually published under a Creative Commons license (in the case of BLR it is a CC BY-NC-ND license, as described above).
- The final version can be re-used and immediately deposited in any repository.
- Articles are citation tracked and included in all major bibliographic databases.
- There are no space constraints, i.e. unlimited space for supplementary material including figures, extensive data and video footage.
The journal does not charge authors an article processing charge.